The Daily Notice
Dec 13, 2013
CALENDAR EVENTS - WHITE DAY SCHEDULE
- 7:40am - Pre - Med Club Meeting
- 9:45am - Academic Fair Subject Area Meeting
- Lunch Menu- Spaghetti, Texas Toast, Corn, Tossed Salad
- 1:00pm - PTO Meeting
- 4:00pm - Girls Soccer @ Grace
- HS All Region Band Try-Outs
- MS Boys Tournament @ Brook Hill
- Varsity Girls and Boys Brownsboro Tournament
- Gorman Bookfair at Barnes & Noble
GORMAN COMMUNITY NEWS
- GORMAN BOOKFAIR AT BARNES AND NOBLE: Your regular shopping will help the Holy Family Library raise money for books and library programs. Even Café consumables and Nook (E-Reader) will count. Be sure to use the school voucher or mention Gorman when paying. Wish list titles available at the Gorman table for community members to donate resources to a teacher or the library. In-store: December 12 to 14, 2013 (Thursday through Saturday). On-line: Visit BN.COM/bookfairs to support us online from December 14-19, 2013 by entering Bookfair ID 11179272 at checkout. To celebrate the season, many Gorman talents will perform at 11:00am at the store, featuring Mr. Glosson and the Grinch, Mrs. Newton reading "Twas the NIght Beifre Christmas" and Mr. Natera, Luis Vasquez, Hunter Brown and Jamie Taberna. Special Thanks to the Gorman Band and Choir who are also contibuting their talents.
- Pro-Life Club Fundraiser - Christmas Candy Grams:Wish Someone a Merry Christmas with the gift of candy! Pro-Life Club is selling candy creations prior to Christmas break. Please fill out the attached form for purchase of your Candy Gram by Tuesday December 17 for delivery to that special someone's locker on Thursday December 19. Proceeds will benefit the Pro-Life Club's annual pilgrimage to the National March for Life in Washington DC. Regular sales are also available in the cafeteria during lunch. ORDER FORMS HERE
- Christmas Story: Mr. Glosson will be telling "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" On Tuesday December 17th in the Library at 9:15 (advisory) for anyone who would like to come.
- Exploratory Rotations:There will be a concert for the 6th Grade Band, Choir & Orchestra rotations on Friday, December 13th at 9:40 a.m. in the student's classrooms. This is an "end of course" concert showing off skills learned during their current Exploratory Rotations. Art students will be bringing home a portfolio of their art work. Choice sheets for the Spring Semester will be sent home on Friday of this week. They are due back at 8:10 a.m. on Monday.
- Semester Exams: Gorman's Fall semester exams will be the week of December 16th. The exam schedule is online at www.bishopgorman.net. Parents or guardians should make sure that students are in attendance for all semester exam classes. Special arrangements are made in the middle school for semester exams; some classes will have regular testing periods while others will have semester exams. Extended care is available Wednesday, December 18, and Thursday, December 19th, until 5:30 p.m. with lunch provided both days. There will be no Extended Care on Friday, December 20th. The Holy Family Library will have extended hours during semester exams: December 11th, 12th, 13th, 16th and 17th open until 5 p.m. and December 18th and 19th open until 3 p.m.
- Mass Time Change - Semester Exams: The Gorman weekly Mass will be held on Friday, December 20 at 9:40 a.m. There will no weekly Mass next Wednesday for Gorman students.
- Academic Fair Information: Time to begin preparations for the Middle School Academic Fair! The Fair gives students a chance to plan and complete a learning opportunity in the subject of their choice. The Academic Fair will take place on Tuesday, January 28, 2014. Please see attached information for more details. Entry Form Preliminary Info Entry Form
- Faculty Christmas Giving: Bishop Gorman School strongly discourages individual gifts to teachers at Christmas but does encourage families and individuals with a desire to show their appreciation to donate items to the faculty/staff Christmas party on December 19, 2013. The gifts are distributed by "Santa" and the name of the donor is announced. Please bring gifts or money (to go toward a large Grand Prize) to the school office.
- Advent Wreath Lighting: An Advent Wreath Lighting ceremony will be held each Monday during Advent from 9:15-9:25am on the following Lighting date: , December 16. Deacon Necessary will be leading the service.
- CHRISTMAS EVE MASS: Join the Bishop Gorman Catholic School alumni community for Christmas Eve Mass at 9:00 p.m. at Sts. Peter and Paul Chapel. Come celebrate Christmas and reconnect with fellow alumni. Refreshments will be served after Mass in the Chapel foyer.
- Christmas Break: Gorman will dismiss for the Christmas break at 12:20 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2013. Classes will resume on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 8:20 a.m., a white block day. All of the Gorman faculty and staff extend blessings and wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.
- SAT Prep Class in Math and English: An SAT Prep class will be offered at Gorman in January, open to any high school student. Each session contains 90 minutes of Math preparation and 105 minutes of English preparation plus one fifteen minute break. Snacks will be provided each session. All sessions last 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Class dates are: Saturday, January 4 2014, Monday, January 6, 2014, Saturday, January 11, 2014, Saturday, January 18, 2014, and Monday, January 20, 2014. Cost is $250 per person. (Financial aid is available.) Register by sending payment to Diane Matzke at Bishop Gorman by December 20, 2013.
- Barnes and Noble Book Fair: Bookfair Online Shopping Guide , Information Flyer , 2013 Book Fair Wish List
- 2013.12.06 AR Update
- Book Fair Performances at Barnes & Noble: Dec. 12 (Thursday)--HS Band members--from 4 to 6 pm.Dec. 13 (Friday)--MS Strings Ensemble--time pending. Dec. 14 (Saturday) at 11:00 am--Luis Vasquez Invitational, featuring Mr. Glosson and the Grinch, Mr. Natera and Jamie Taberna, Hunter Brown,,,
- Library extended hours before and during finals: Dec.11 to 17 (Wed to Tues.)--until 5:00 pm. Dec. 18 & 19 (Wed. & Thurs.)--until 3;00 pm
- Bookfair volunteer needed on December 12 (Thursday) from 2 to 4 pm. Please contact Mrs. Wellmon if you could help.