Prospective students requesting to be considered for admission or re-admission to Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School who are not current students at St. Gregory Cathedral School should follow the procedures below:
- All applicants should submit a copy of a recent transcript from the current school year, report cards, and a registration form. (The transcript should include all standardized test scores.)
- The applicant will fill out an application form.
- Upon submitting the above documents, the student will be invited to visit Bishop Gorman during a school day (if possible). The student will have the opportunity to visit classes and meet new classmates and teachers.
- The applicant will have an admissions interview.
- Bishop Gorman will send, in writing, the admissions decision very shortly after the admissions interview provided that all information in the admissions file is complete. Students who are accepted to Bishop Gorman will complete the registration with the applicable registration fee per student.
- Students put into a waiting pool will be notified by telephone if a position becomes available. Waiting pool decisions are made using the same criteria used for admission.
Bishop Gorman admits students of all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
Bishop Gorman may use the following criteria in making the admissions decision:
- Current school record
- Standardized testing
- Student's academic potential
- Student's discipline record
- High School Placement Test (HSPT)
All students new to Bishop Gorman or seeking re-admission will be admitted on academic and discipline probation for one full grading period (a minimum of nine weeks).
Any serious violation of the academic or discipline codes will be subject to a review by the school administration; the student may subsequently receive an extension of the probation or dismissal.
If a student is granted admission and at a later date it becomes known that admissions information was inaccurate or withheld, the student will be subject to immediate dismissal.