Anyone may nominate an individual for the Hall of Fame. All nominations must be submitted to the Athletic Director by July 1 of each year.
The Athletic Director, Director of Institutional Advancement, and Head of School will review all nominations before they are brought to the committee.
The committee will vote by secret ballot and nominees must have a 2/3 vote to be inducted. All inductees will be notified by Bishop Gorman of acceptance into the Hall of Fame and will be honored each fall at the Homecoming football game. We will also hold a Hall of Fame Luncheon.
Nominating Criteria for Athletes
- Nominees will have made a significant contribution to one or more of the Bishop Gorman athletic programs. All-District, All-State, individual, and team records will all weigh in the decision process. Achievements at the collegiate, professional, or Olympic level will be taken into consideration, but are not necessary to be selected.
- Nominees will have been exemplary role models and demonstrated integrity, character, citizenship, leadership, and community involvement in high school.
- Nominees will exhibit excellence in personal and/or professional life after graduation.
- Nominees must be a graduate of Bishop Gorman and have been out of high school for a minimum of 5 years.
Nominating Criteria for Coach, Team, Administrator, or Contributor
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the Bishop Gorman athletic program.
- Nominees must be exemplary role models for students at Bishop Gorman.
- Teams are eligible 10 years after completion of their season. State Championship teams are automatically nominated 10 years after the completion of their championship season.
- Coaches and administrators may not be currently employed by Bishop Gorman.
- Coaches, administrators, and contributors will have been exemplary role models and demonstrated integrity, character, citizenship, leadership, and community involvement during their time at Bishop Gorman.
- Nominees must exhibit excellence in personal and professional life after their time at Bishop Gorman.
- Nominees must have been unaffiliated in an official capacity with the School for a minimum of 5 years.
Honorees will receive a plaque. Recognition of their award will be on display at the Brodnax Family Crusader Center.
Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination Form