Throughout the year we look forward to celebrating special events with the community.
Celebrations In Praise
- Weekly Liturgy in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception for students, faculty, parents, and friends. We also celebrate Mass at least twice yearly with Bishop Gorman as a Tyler Catholic Schools community.
- Beloved family creatures make an annual trek, hop or even trot to school for the Annual Pet Blessing.
- Lighting the Advent Wreath unites us in joy as we prepare for the birth of Christ.
- The season of Lent culminates in Holy Week Prayer Services lead by 5th Grade students
- Washing of the Feet
- Live Stations of the Cross
- Creation Story and Easter Vigil
- Easter Basket Parade for the St. Vincent DePaul Catholic charity
Celebrations With Community
- The St. Gregory Fun Run brings together the East Texas Community in a family friendly atmosphere in September each year.
- We welcome the holidays with a school-wide Thanksgiving Feast.
- Catholic Schools Week celebrates our identity with:
- Open House
- Breakfast with Parents
- Grandparents, Alumni and Friends Day
- Book Fair
- The St. Gregory Gala for parents and alumni is held each February.
- May is marked by the annual All-School Musical Performance, an extravaganza that attracts an audience of all ages.
- We conclude the year with outdoor fun for students, teachers, and parents on Field Day.
Celebrations For Learning
- Kindergarten children round out weeks of story reading, story-telling and creative expression with the Fairy Tale Festival.
- First graders complete a study of Charlotte’s Web, including an arts and crafts fair, with their own County Fair.
- After studying Ancient Egypt, the second graders celebrate with a Walk Down the Nile, a family event enjoyed by all.
- Third graders celebrate the Renaissance Festival with King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
- Fourth graders create Greek Urns and compete in the National Mythology Exam following an extensive unit of study on Greek Mythology.
- Fifth graders look forward to a four-day, three-night stay at The Pines Catholic Camp that combines outdoor study, fun, and fitness, with food, friendship, and prayer.